Block Insurance is an independent insurance agency with multiple locations in northeast Arkansas. Our team has hundreds of years of insurance experience, as well as the agency itself has been around since 1914. Through the years one thing has remained the same, our strive for excellence. At Block Insurance, we pride ourselves in taking care of our customers.
- 1914- Maurice Floyd Block opened MF Block Insurance in Paragould, AR
- 1944- The first policy is sold and General Insurance of Blytheville is open for business.
- 1945- Bill Block, Maurice's son, joined MF Block and eventually took ownership
- 1973- Moved to current Blytheville Office Location at 315 N. Broadway
- 1974- Jeff Block joined MF Block and became the third generation to acquire ownership after his father's (Bill) retirement
- January 2011- Phillip Greer purchased MF Block Insurance as Jeff transitioned into retirement
- January 2011- After 67 successful years in business, General Insurance of Blytheville is purchased by Kirk Cupp and Phillip Greer and the name of the business changed to General Insurance, Inc.
- October 2012- General Insurance, Inc. acquired Couch Greer and Associates in Monette, AR.
- December 2012- General Insurance, Inc acquired General Insurance of Leachville.
- October 2014- Block Insurance purchased Vandergriff agency in Corning and allowed us to span into the transportation industry.
- January 2015- Transportation Insurance LLC was formed because of our growth in Transportation Insurance
- May 2016- Transportation Insurance acquired an agency in Austin TX to give us a multi-state presence in Transpiration.
- July 2015- General Insurance, Inc. expanded to Batesville with the acquisition of Sensabaugh Insurance Agency.
- January 2016- General Insurance, Inc. changed its name to Strategi Insurance, Inc. and expanded to Jonesboro.
- September 2017- Acrisure LLC acquired MF Block Insurance, Strategi Insurance and Transportation Insurance to form what is known today as Block Insurance.
Acrisure is one of the top 10 insurance brokerages in the United States.
What does that mean to you?
Our network of Acrisure Agency Partners has the expertise and experience to help you manage and overcome your largest and most complex risk and insurance challenges. With industry specific specialties and powerful program development capabilities, experience does make a difference.
The value of our national network is the local presence of our agencies. Acrisure Agency Partners are able to provide the local, personal level of service that you deserve with the added power of deep industry expertise available to each and every client. The concept of national reach + local presence is not just an ideal; it's who and what Acrisure is.
The entrepreneurial spirit is a core element of Acrisure. Creating exceptional, often creative, results for our clients is what we do. These types of solutions only come from results driven entrepreneurs. That drive, that passion for excellence is what allows us to perform at the levels we do, everyday, for our clients.